These instructions are for shared mailboxes on the Office 365 system, with addresses like engr-<something>@uconn.edu. If your mailbox is still email@example.com, please contact the ECS helpdesk so it can be migrated.
Students will need a student worker account to access shared mailboxes – if you do not have one, a supervising staff member must contact the ECS helpdesk to have one created for you.
- Open a browser and navigate to office365.uconn.edu, then click Login to the Office365 Portal.
- Log in with your firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty & staff only) OR email@example.com (students) email address and the corresponding password.
- Click Mail to open your own inbox.
- Click the profile picture at the top right corner, then click Open another mailbox… in the drop down menu.
- Enter the email address of the mailbox you need and click Open.
- If desired, you can bookmark the new mailbox that opens so you can return directly in the future. In a new session, you will have to sign in using your own email address again, but once you provide your login information it will go straight to the bookmarked mailbox.