Most Linux distributions include the Evolution mail client in their standard repositories. These instructions detail the configuration of Evolution as an Exchange client in Linux.
- An X-Windowing system (Xorg, Wayland, etc)
- Graphical desktop environment (GNOME, KDE/Plasma, xfce, etc)
Obtaining the Evolution program
- Ubuntu/Debian: sudo apt-get evolution evolution-ews
- RHEL/CentOS: sudo yum install evolution evolution-ews
- Arch: sudo pacman -S evolution evolution-ews
Connecting Evolution to Exchange
- Open the Evolution client. If this is the first time it has been opened, you will be greeted by the new account wizard. Click Next.
- Enter the name of your account (your email address will suffice), full name, and email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click Next or OK:
- The settings should automatically be determined. Check them manually to make sure they match with the following:
- Receiving Mail (If OAB URL is blank, click the “Fetch URL ” button):
- Receiving Options (Change these settings as desired):
- Click Next or OK and finish the setup. The first time you connect you may be prompted for a password.