The Outlook Social Connector is a new tool provided with Outlook that can provide a lot of information about the people with whom you communicate. When you read and write email in Outlook after you have configured the connector, you will see up-to-date, public information provided by those people on popular social networking sites.
Configuration of the Outlook Social Connector is simple and only takes a few minutes. You must install software from the social networks to which you wish to connect.
From inside Outlook 2010:
1. Expand the social networking pane by clicking the up arrow on the lower right corner of outlook.
2. Click the green + under the silhouette and select “on another social network.”
3. In the dialog box that opens, click the link to “View social network providers available online.”
4. Click and download the software for the social media that you are interested in connecting to
5. Install the downloaded software.
6. Repeat steps 1 – 3 to reopen the social networking dialog box above.
7. This time you should see an option to connect to the social network for the software you installed in step 5.
8. Click the check box and provide your username and password for that site (not your engineering credentials – use those for the site to which you want outlook to connect).
9. Click Connect.
10. Click Finish.
11. Click Close on the Congratulations dialog box.
Repeat the above procedure for each of the social networks you are interested in.